Xiaomi’s well known famous developer Ivan’s launched his latest work Xiaomi Mi3 Lollipop AOSP Rom,
So the great news is that Xiaomi Mi3 is now going to taste the best Android OS yet available LOLLIPOP 5.0 and best part is that its really looks nice and great.
As we all know that Lollipop 5.0 is Google’s latest Android OS and its really cool with its Material Design, and it is also fast in processing.
So after flashing Lollipop in MI3 we find it very fast and elegant, So well designed and very nicely finished, but the problem which is in it are only few bugs :
Xiaomi Mi3 Lollipop Rom Bug’s :
- Video cannot be saved ( Video issue can be solved by Installing One Plus One Camera app or by Lenevo Device Camera App )
- NFC does not work
- Random auto reboot
But Instead of that this is best rom yet available for MI3w with Lollipop functionality.
As XIAOMI MI3 didn’t get its kernel source yet so developer’s getting problems in building rom’s easily , but the good news is that Xiaomi announces that they are going to launch MI3 kernel source in 2015 Q1, so this is a great news for Xiaomi lover’s and Xiaomi also announces that for India they are going to provide kernel source for each device within 3 months of the arrival of that product.
As Ivan developed this Rom in his spare time so it is not perfect yet but Mi3w (WCDMA) users you can try this Rom and taste Lollipop.
Currently Xiaomi Developer’s are working to bring MIUI 6 on Lollipop Platform and soon we will going to get it also but the date and time is not fixed so lets hope and pray.
Steps to Flash Rom
- Firstly you have to Install the Custom Recovery from here : CWM Recovery 184.108.40.206 with TDB
To Install CWM Recovery you have to open the updater app, press menu button and then click “select update package”. Select the ‘CWM_recovery_r11_cancro.zip’ and then install it.
- Download the ROM and Gapps from Below Link :
ROM : AOSP LOLLIPOP 5.0 for Mi3w
GAPPS: Android 5.0 Gapps
Put both the files in Phone Memory,
- Flashing Instructions :
– Reboot into CWM Recovery (Press Power key and Volume up key simultaneously)
Important – Go to ‘advanced’ and make sure ‘active system’ is 1. If active system is 2 then change it to system 1.- ‘Wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm to wipe.
Go to ‘mounts and storage’ and select ‘format /system1 (active)’ option to format it.- Go back and select ‘Install zip’.
– Select ‘choose zip from /sdcard’, then 0/ and then choose the ‘aosp-cancro-4.12.8-kQ1vi7iZhK-5.0.zip’ file. Then install it to System 1.
– Install Google Apps for Android 5.0 (GAPPS) – Go back and install the ‘gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip’ file to System 1.
– Now go back and make sure to Wipe data/ factory reset and – Wipe cache again.
– Reboot your phone.