Sony always be late in providing updates, and this time Sony Lollipop Update is coming late. If we talk about Jellybean or Kitkat, after arrival of these updates by Google Sony always tooks many months to provide these major updates to their respective Devices.
So, this time also Sony is bringing its Lollipop update so late. Motorola and Samsung already rolled software builds on Android 5.0 and Sony has yet to start.
But Now good news is that the wait is over and Sony’s Indonesian arm provided information through Facebook that Lollipop update will out from next week in the Country that means other Country’s also receive it soon.
By the way India will get it last but if you are advanced user then you can flash Indonesian Build to your Xperia Z series Device through Flash Tool or Emma.
Till now exact date’s not provided and also which devices will get updates are also not confirmed yet.
But According to us it’s confirmed that Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact will get Lollipop updates first then other Z series device will get. Sony already announced that Lollipop for Non Xperia Z Series Devices will not Roll Out : Sony, so their is no chance for Non Xperia Z series devices, they have to stick to Custom Rom’s only to taste Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Sony Lollipop Update will be available from next week its said by Sony Mobile Indonesia.
English Translation of Post by Sony Mobile Indonesia on Sony Lollipop Update
Say Hello to Android 5.0 – Lollipop
Android 5.0 – Lollipop available for your Xperia through the Center Updates, upgrades and enjoy new features, improved performance and interesting applications.
New features available to you when you upgrade:
• intelligent user interface – Enjoy a bold new user interface, graphics and easy to understand, with Android 5.0 Lollipop. Inspired by the design of Google and the expertise of Sony, every detail is very beautiful and interactive.
• Improved screen lock – Access all your notifications at your fingertips. With a simple swipe shortcuts and intelligent notification card, you do not need to swipe away.
• Support multi-user – Create customized user profiles and guest mode on the same device. Do you want to profile you uninterrupted for work or personal profile to play, you can stay focused on what is most important.
• optimal storage – With Android 5.0 – Lollipop you do not have to sacrifice you to save storage applications.Easy to install and transfer the application to the external SD card and enjoy the flexibility and higher performance
• You will need approximately 1.2 GB of free internal memory for upgrade
• The update may take about 20 minutes to complete
To download and install the update system, the first point on your device to the Center for Renewal. Then, select the desired system update and tap Download.Once the download is complete, tap Install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
* The latest software is available from Week 12, but availability will depend on the type of Xperia product.
Sony Lollipop Update Changelog for the new build is also arrived which is new UI and lock screen. Multi User’s are also support on Phone, You also able to move apps to SD Card, update is of 1.2 GB and it will took 20 minutes to install on Device.