If you own Xiaomi Mi3 or Xiaomi Mi4 and want to root your device or flash any custom rom then you need a custom recovery installed in your smartphone, so here is the easiest way to install TWRP CWM recovery in Xiaomi Mi3 Mi4w devices.
First of all, take a look at things which you need:
Steps to install TWRP CWM Recovery in Xiaomi Mi3-Mi4w
This method is to flash TWRP or CWM recovery through Fastboot Mode:
- Firstly you need to download Fastboot and ADB Drivers from here (working for 32 or 64 bit OS Win 10)
- Install ADB and Fastboot driver and Open it up.
- You will see a location in command prompt as shown in the image below, so go to that location and save downloaded recovery there.
- Power off your Device and then simultaneously press Power key + Volume Down to go to fastboot mode. Don’t forget to connect your device to PC or laptop through USB Cable.
- Now type below command in command prompt:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After typing above command press enter and your recovery file will be flashed in your MI3 or Mi4 device, You can use this method to flash recovery to any Android smartphone, but you must have a proper custom recovery of your device model.
- Now your device will reboot.
- You can Power off your device and then Press Power key + Volume up to enter TWRP/CWM Recovery.
Hurray now your device is having Custom recovery installed. Hope this method to install TWRP CWM recovery in Xiaomi Mi3 Mi4w works well for you.
Flash TWRP Recovery through Rashr App (No PC Required- but Root Needed)
This method is the easiest way to flash TWRP or CWM recovery to your device but all you need is Xiaomi Mi3/ Mi4, and it need to be Rooted.
- Download Rashr App from Play Store. You can search, or you can click here.
- After Installing just open the app it will first ask for Root permissions so grant it.
- Then it will ask you to Update recoveries and Kernel so click on Update. (If it didn’t ask then do not worry).
- It will ask you to create a backup, so do it to stay out of problems.
- Now click on TWRP recovery, it will show you TWRP 184.108.40.206 (Cancro) or any other latest version, Click on it.
- It will flash TWRP recovery and then you are ready to go to Reboot in Recovery Mode.
Flash All Recovery with Single tool
Now this is something great tool which every Mi3/Mi4 user is going to love it. In it, you will get CWM Recovery, TWRP Recovery, MIUI Stock Recovery and Cyanogen Recovery with a single click.
So here take a look that how you can flash it?
Important: This is the same method as one but with more manageable form, So firstly Reboot your device to Fastboot Mode.
- Download One_CLick_Multi_Tool Recovery and Extract it.
- After extracting open it and Double click on Windows Batch file named xxxxxOne CLick Multi Tool Recoveryxxxxx.
- It will give you the option to select recovery, So just press number of recovery you want to flash.
- Hurray, it’s flashed, now you can Reboot your Device.
Feel free to comment below if you face any issues.