If you are searching for the easiest way to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Exynos Smartphone, then Cf-Auto Root by Chainfire is the one. I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge through this method without facing any difficulty.
I will write this article in a way I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge device. So first I am going to provide you details that what things you needed to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Exynos version.
Yes keep in mind that this method is for Exynos version not for S7 and S7 edge Snapdragon version.
Requirements to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Exynos
- Windows OS (I used in Windows 8.1 64 bit)
- CF-Auto-Root by Chainfire for Galaxy S7 & Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung S7 Edge and S7 Device USB Drivers.
- ODIN flashing Tool
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Exynos
- First, you have to extract the CF Auto Root by Chainfire .zip file to get .
- You have to go to Settings>About Device>Software info> Tap 7 times on Build Number until you see a popup saying Now you are a developer.
- Back to Settings and Go to Developer Options and Click on OEM Unlock.
- Switch off S7 or S7 edge and go into Download Mode by holding Power+Home+ Volume Down button simultaneously for few seconds.
- If it asks you to press any button to continue then do it.
- Now Open Odin on your PC.
- Connect S7 edge to your PC through USB Cable in Downloading mode. When a phone gets connected securely to a computer, then Odin will show Added message.
- In Odin Click on AP button and select extracted .
- Don’t tick on anything else.
- Click on Start button on Odin.
- It will take some to flash and when it’s done your device will reboot.
- It will reboot few times so don’t panic and wait for 5 minutes to get your device boot up properly.
Well, it is so compulsory for you all to know that Rooting your Smartphone will void your warranty and as Samsung provides a KNOX-enabled device, so using CF-Auto-Root will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
Hope this How to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Exynos will work best for you as it did for me. If you faced any issue, then feel free to comment below.