GATE 2015 – General aptitude Test for Engineering– offers good opportunity to the students who are willing to seek admission to postgraduate courses and want to avail Government Scholarships for a further academic career in Engineering.
This blog is for Mechanical Engineering Students. It has been updated to help the them to get away the initial problems about the GATE.
GATE is an all India level examination, conducted and controlled by the Indian institute of science and cooperation with seven IIT’s on behalf of National Cooperation Board- GATE, Department of higher education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India . The GATE representative from the governing institutes is the sole authority for conducting the examination and declaring results.
Zones and Institutes for GATE
The GATE is conducted and controlled through eight zones are as follow:-
- Zone 1- Indian institute of Science, Bangalore
- Zone 2- Indian institute of Technology, Bombay
- Zone 3- Indian institute of Technology, Delhi
- Zone 4- Indian institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Zone 5- Indian institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Zone 6- Indian institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Zone 7- Indian institute of Technology, Madras
- Zone 8- Indian institute of Technology, Roorkee
Pattern of Examination
The GATE consists of single paper of 3 hours duration, which contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper is divided into 3 sections. Section A (Engineering Mathematic and Technical Subject) consist of 25 question of 1 marks each. Section B (Engineering Mathematic and Technical Subject) consists of 30 question 2 marks each. Section C (General Ability) consist of about 10 questions of 1 and 2 marks.
Recent Changes in GATE-2015
All Supporting documents should be sent online only. No hard copy will be accepted.
- Payments have to be made through debit cards, credit cards, internet banking and e-challan only
- GATE-2015 score will be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of announcement of results.
- The organizing institute for GATE-2015 is IIT-Kanpur.
- GATE-2015 consists of Multiple Choice and Numerical Answer type questions only.
- As per GATE-2015 notification students will allowed to carry non programmable calculators.Click here for: GATE’s Official Website